[wp-xmlrpc] GSOC Proposal - Extending WordPress Remote API

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Mon Mar 21 02:21:46 UTC 2011

In general, XML-RPC blogging APIs including WordPress API are built upon the work that came before, not always replacing existing API methods from prior incarnations.

So "Blogger" APIs are still fundamental to providing the behavior required of the WordPress API, the Movable Type API, and the MetaWeblog API.

Support for these methods should be removed only if they are not clearly incorporated into later incarnations of the API.

Daniel