[wp-xmlrpc] Have you seen this before? wp.getOptions() is executing, but returning no values

Dan Green dan at bringtheblog.com
Fri Jan 15 16:23:57 UTC 2010

The error was related to cURL.

My service accepts user input via a HTML form. Users that provide a blog
URL of http://mysite.com when the blog's true URL is
http://www.mysite.com were getting the error.  cURL doesn't resolve
properly.

I know that cURL has an option for redirection and that was the initial
fix.  However, because redirection waits for a timeout before trying
"the next URL", there was  puts a major drag on loadtimes.  I am doing
the check manually.  If wp.getOptions() doesn't throw an error and its
values are null, that's a signal that something went wrong.  At that
point, I use PHP to add the "www" to the user's URI and re-run
wp.getOptions().  It's works.

A look at the server shows that the cURL function throws a -1 error so
that's probably another way to troubleshoot.