[wp-xmlrpc] Custom fields

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 21:36:30 UTC 2009

On 16 Sep 2009, at 20:39, Daniel Jalkut wrote:

> As far as I know the _prefixed custom fields are all intended to be
> filtered out of the UI. I'm tentatively planning that MarsEdit
> should also filter them from the UI, and furthermore avoid re-
> sending them (because it could be sending an outdated value). I'm
> relying on the apparent "lazy" behavior of custom fields in
> WordPress. That is, an unspecified value is nondestructive. I'm
> hoping other blog systems will adopt the same conventions so that
> omission of any particular custom field does not indicate deletion.

Yes these should be filtered out from UIs they are used for other
things like page templates and by plugins - in some cases you might
want to add specific ui for them (page templates) we may need more api
calls for this to be possible though (listing available page templates).

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5