[wp-xmlrpc] An request for comments API: getRecentComments()

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon May 4 09:21:19 GMT 2009

On 2 May 2009, at 16:04, Marcelo Jedi wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I would like to suggest a new method for comments API, something like:
>
> wp.getRecentComments(blog_id, username, password, offset)
>
> The idea is to retrieve recent comments, but ignoring post
> information, all recent comments for a given blog could be retrieved
> with this paged method (see offset at the end).
>
> Excuse me if this can be performed with other method. My understanding
> is that getComments() has a different purpose.

I believe this can already be achieved with a call getComments().

If you don't specify post_id or set it 0 you should get the most
recent comments I believe.

I guess this hi-lights that the methods in xmlrpc.php could do with
some more phpdoc.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5