[wp-xmlrpc] what clients send an XML declaration in XML-RPC requests?

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Mon Jul 27 13:31:33 UTC 2009

On Jul 26, 2009, at 9:55 AM, Joe Cheng wrote:

> Would it be practical to use streaming XML parsing (i.e. SAX) just
> for newMediaObject requests? We'd still be paying the 33% base64 tax
> but no WP-specific hacking would be required.

I haven't looked at any deeper low level changes to the parser.  When
WordPress does finally make the jump to requiring PHP5 that would be a
good time to look at re-evaluating the best methods for parsing XML-
RPC requests.

The code changes for the results so far are small, maybe 10 lines in
total.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org