[wp-xmlrpc] AtomPUB Comment Moderation?

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 22:00:00 GMT 2009

On 14 Feb 2009, at 18:45, Joseph Scott wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2009, at 5:58 AM, Alan Castonguay wrote:
>
>> This was brought up on wp-hackers -- How can we make editable/
>> moderatable Atom/AtomPUB feeds of comments available?
>

> I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and add a WordPress
> specific namespace for our AtomPub support.  I've been hesitant to
> go down that road because it seems to lead to some of the same
> problems that I hear people complain about in XML-RPC, namely that
> instead of being able to use the same APIs across multiple blogging
> platforms each one has it's own specific details.

Or try and address it with a spec that other APP providers could
implement - something generic for comment management.

I know there will be other things that will be WP specific like say
Page Templates but for comments I'm sure a generic solution could be
envisaged.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5