[wp-xmlrpc] An Error in Custom Fields Processing?

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Mon Apr 20 20:15:29 GMT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:28 PM, David Weiss wrote:

> I don't know yet.
>
> I am not super slick with my Linux administration, so I want to
> figure out the proper way to upgrade to 5.2.9 without blowing up my
> server.  Also, my server was built with RPMs, so upgrading and
> downgrading components isn't always easy, particularly since my host
> will not support Fedora 9 or 10.  I can't find the FC8 RPM packages
> to downgrade libxml2.  I figured that would be the simplest thing to
> test first, then move on to php 5.2.9 and recompiling Apache, which
> I want to avoid if at all possible, since I don't see FC8 RPM
> packages for those items either.
>
> I may just write a simple plugin for myself or hack my template to
> fix the data on the fly.  There are only a couple of specific times
> where the & gets omitted.  "width=600height=400" can easily be fixed
> with a str_replace function to stick the & back in.  I have some
> other instances of "width=150height=100" that can easily be fixed on
> the fly, too.

If you can find some pattern to the problem that an update to the
libxml2 plugin would fix let me know and I'll add it.

I did release an update recently that dealt with the libxml2 version
was 2.7.3 but the PHP version was lower than 5.2.9.  If you find
yourself in that situation be sure to try out the new version of the
plugin (0.2.2).

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org