[wp-xmlrpc] Updating Custom Fields Using metaWeblog.editPost

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 06:38:31 GMT 2009

On 8 Apr 2009, at 04:30, du yu wrote:

> I think WP's 'post' should be more general just like the Drupal's
> 'node' conceptual.then we can define field in wp_post table, and WP
> should have some code to allow us extent like this way. this is
> really the 'custom field' should be. and then, instead of creating
> new table to manage new type of content, we can manage all content
> in wp_post table. _______________________________________________

It already is to a point.  You can define your own post types on top
of the built-in ones (post,page,attachement)

Custom fields are for storing extra information which is metadata
related to a post.

If your trying to create a new type of post say an event then you may
want to do this with a new post_type

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5