[wp-xmlrpc] Using date_created_gmt in a Java application??

Joe Cheng Joe.Cheng at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 23 15:28:41 GMT 2008

The spec doesn't actually specify.

What timezone should be assumed for the dateTime.iso8601 type? UTC? localtime?
Don't assume a timezone. It should be specified by the server in its documentation what assumptions it makes about timezones.

I believe appending a "Z" to the end of the date/time string will make WP interpret it as GMT-if your library will let you do that.