[wp-xmlrpc] XML-RPC and AtomPub to be disabled by default in 2.6

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Mon Jul 14 20:54:46 GMT 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Joe Cheng wrote:

> I finally got a chance this weekend to install the WP 2.6 beta and
> see how the user experience is when trying to configure to a blog
> that has XML-RPC disabled. The error message I got was this:
>
> -32601: server error. requested method blogger.getUsersBlogs does
> not exist.
>
> Needless to say, this is pretty deeply unhelpful for users--any
> chance we can get a custom error code and error message for this
> condition?

Exactly which beta did you install?  We've had a few recently: <http://boren.nu/

We're expecting to make the 2.6 release today (assuming no major
issues show up) and the current error message when XML-RPC is disabled
is:

"XML-RPC services are disabled on this blog.  An admin user can enable
them at %s"

Where %s is the URL you need to go to enable XML-RPC.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at randomnetworks.com
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/