[wp-xmlrpc] Wordpress version from xmlrpc?

Joe Cheng Joe.Cheng at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 14 17:12:22 GMT 2008

So far we've only been interested in the distinction between 2.1.x and earlier, and 2.2 and later. We just look at whether WP API is supported to tell us that. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though.

If folks are legitimately worried about exposing the WP version, then that's a good argument for keeping it behind authenticated XML-RPC calls.