[wp-xmlrpc] Wordpress version from xmlrpc?

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Mon Jan 14 17:10:23 GMT 2008

On Jan 14, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Daniel Jalkut wrote:

>> Personally, I'd actually be more interested in having version
>> information in the RSD.
>
> Agreed. I'd like to have a good idea of what I'm dealing with
> before I make the first call to XMLRPC.

I can see how that would be useful, given that you are already making
a request to get the RSD.

I'd have two questions/concerns about putting in the RSD:

1- Are you talking about the WordPress version or an API version # ?
2- Where exactly would we put this number?  Looking at the RSD specs
it looks like we could put a value in settings -> setting under the
WordPress API section.
3- How does this address the issue of folks who like to hide version
details?  If we become dependent on this versioning info being
exposed via RSD and someone removes it, what will clients do?

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/