[wp-xmlrpc] Query regarding wp.getPages

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Thu Feb 21 17:09:35 GMT 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 4:05 AM, Srinivas wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Thanks for the wp.getPages fix. I am facing no more problems with
> re-direction now.
>
> But Now, I have a different problem with respect to WordPress Pages.
> As per my understaning, each of the WordPress 'Pages', unlike
> regular blog posts, can have a different template. And, the
> WordPress web console helps the user to choose the template he
> wants to use for the Page being edited.
>
> In our product, we allow the user to edit the Pages and we want to
> allow the user to choose template for the Page as he can do it in
> the WordPress web console.
>
> I have some questions on how I can achieve this:
> How can I get the list of Templates available for the user to
> choose from? Is there any wp.* API for that?

There isn't one currently, but we could add one.  wp.getPageTemplates
perhaps?

> Once I get the List, If an user selects a template, which XMLRPC
> API would help me in updating this information - wp.editPage seems
> to have no field to capture the details of the template - correct
> me if I am wrong.
> Please help me to resolve this problem.

Adding a page_template field to wp.editPage could accommodate that.
This field could also be provided wp.getPage and friends.

Please write up these ideas in a ticket at http://
trac.wordpress.org/.  If you have any patches that would be great, if
not, that is fine too.  We are pushing towards a release next month
and I'm trying to get another project finished up so I don't have a
good timeline on when these features would go in.  We'll do our best.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/