[wp-xmlrpc] Re: [wp-hackers] AtomPub support

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Mon Feb 18 17:21:40 GMT 2008

On Feb 16, 2008, at 8:14 PM, marumoto wrote:

> follow up on the WP's AtomPub support.
>
> I released the Atom interop testing client.
> http://www.witha.jp/eXeries/software/
> feedback much appreciated.
>
> Anyway, does anyone confirm this?
>
>  1. Malformed XML error when GETing a media link entry.
>  2. 404 Not Found error on GETing a category and a collection
> document if "WordPress address" and "Blog address" are different.
>  3. Entry's published and Edited time stamp is always the same.
> published date should stay the same.
>
> I confirmed this same behavior at wordpress.com as well.
> (although AtomPub at wordpress.com has stopped working a few weeks
> ago)

While getting AtomPub support improved in WP we tested against Tim's
APE: http://www.tbray.org/ape/.  So my first question would be, what
were the results of the equivalent APE run?  Next, are you running
these tests against -trunk?  I'd have to double check, but I think
that some of these issues have been resolved already.

For WordPress.com, AtomPub support should be turned on.  I just made
a few small changes, the wp-app.php on wordpress.com is now 100% in
sync with the code from wordpress.org.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/