[wp-xmlrpc] Query regarding wp.getPages

Srinivas srinivas.subrahmanya at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:47:15 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I am working on product to list all the Pages in a WordPress based website.
I am using the XMLRPC - wp.getPages to get the list.

I have written some logic in my code which works only if I am able to get
the details of the Page I am viewing (browsing).
I am doing this by obtaining the current url the browser points to and
trying to match it with the *permaLink or link *from the list returned by
wp.getPages.

This logic was working fine until two weeks back.
Now, my logic is failing to find a match as the permaLink or link returned
when I call wp.getPages is different from the actual URL of that Page.

This is because there is some kind of *re-direction* happening from the *

For example, consider a Page "world" with Page Id - 23 and parent Page as
some Page  - "Hello"
when wp.getPages is called, it returns a permaLink for this Page ('world')
as:
www.xxx.wordpress.com/?Page_id=23

But when the user browses to this Page, the url as shown in the browser
address bar is
www.xxx.wordpress.com/Hello/world.

It's getting redirected!

*Question:*
*Now*, Is there any way - any API that maps between permaLink and the
redirected URL *or *any other field in the struct returned by
wp.getPagesfrom which I can actually find
www.xxx.wordpress.com/Hello/world.

Please help me in fixing this issue as I can't proceed without fixing this.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Vedantam