[wp-xmlrpc] base64_decode missing in metaWeblog.newMediaObject

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Tue Dec 30 17:56:17 GMT 2008

Joseph - I suspect what is happening here is that the afflicted users
are not enclosing their "bits" in a <base64> tag.  MarsEdit, and I
suspect every other client that currently works, puts the data in such
a tag, which causes your XMLRPC parser to do the base64 decoding
automatically:

wp-includes/class-IXR.php

See line 241.

So it would be dangerous to take their patch because any clients that
currently embed the bits explicitly in a <base64> node will have had
their bits already decoded.

Daniel