[wp-xmlrpc] Re: metaWeblog.getCategories, not returning struct of structs, problem?

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Fri Nov 9 17:47:14 GMT 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:

> That said I would be willing to sort of fix it in a different way.
> Add a fourth parameter to metaWeblog.getCategories that would
> indicate that we should return data struct of structs just like the
> spec says.  Call it strict_mode or something and it would be a
> boolean and completely optional.  If it is set to true then we
> adhere to the spec, if it is set to false, any other value, or not
> set at all then we do things as they currently stand.

I don't think you should think too much more about this, and
definitely shouldn't change anything, unless the reporter of the bug
can point you to a better reason for doing it than to comply with the
official MetaWeblog spec.

You've got way better things to do, and most people don't give a damn
about MetaWeblog. Those who do give a damn have already learned the
hard way that it's half-reliable at best.

I'd say focus your time on more pressing issues and ask this guy to
forgive the imperfections of MetaWeblog implementations around the
world.

Daniel