[wp-xmlrpc] New method, wp.deleteCategory

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Fri Nov 9 00:29:54 GMT 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 5:04 PM, Joe Cheng wrote:

> Cool. What happens to child categories?

This is what happens when I try to end my emails with a smart alec
line :-)

Testing this out on -trunk here's what I see happen.  When a category
is deleted that has children, all of the children are bumped up one.

So if you delete a top level category, all of the immediate children
now become top level categories.  If you delete a category out of the
middle of the hierarchy all of the direct children of the deleted
category move up one level.

When a category gets deleted, all children get promoted up on level.

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/