[wp-xmlrpc] WP 2.2.1 breaks Ruby 1.8.2

Allan Odgaard m123ixd02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:15:34 GMT 2007

On 12. Jul 2007, at 18:29, Joseph Scott wrote:

> [...]
> I will be submitting patches to wordpress.org that will revert the
> GMT changes and add a new GMT specific field, that does not have
> the Z on the end, but will always contain a GMT date/time.

A new field? So this field needs to be populated when *sending* to
WP? And when receiving from WP the client should prefer this GMT-
specified field, and when absent, it’ll fallback on the old field
which time zone will remain unspecified / in the servers TZ (which
there is no way to obtain)?

And for “old” clients (not sending the new field you are about to
introduce), WP will interpret the received date as prior to 2.2 (i.e.
server time / configured time)?