[wp-ui] an introduction

Jonathan Stegall jonathan at jonathanstegall.com
Thu Jan 28 20:53:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm a little late on the intro, but here is a little bit.

I'm Jonathan Stegall. I live in Atlanta, so Eastern time. I have been
working in design/development on the web for about four years fulltime, and
maybe 9 years on the side. I currently work as a Marketing Technologist at
CareerBuilder.com, which means I work on lots of side projects for the
company - niche sites, blogs, marketing sites, etc., so I spend a lot of
time with WordPress. I also do some freelance, and use WordPress there as
well.

I'm predominantly a designer in skills/passions, though I know the guts of
WordPress, and PHP/MySQL itself, fairly well. I try to be a big advocate for
web standards - including the new ones like HTML5 and CSS3, and also for
user experience and usability, as the two worlds kind of merged for me a
couple of years ago. So I can wireframe, make comps, etc. as well as write
code. I only have a little experience with usability testing, though I'd
love to learn more about it.

I don't have a whole lot of hours to dedicate to WordPress, but I do love
the project and would love to help out where I can, and where things are
needed.

Jonathan Stegall