[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59802: Twenty Fifteen: Quote block citation text color does not change with block setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 31 10:47:37 UTC 2024

#59802: Twenty Fifteen: Quote block citation text color does not change with block
setting
 Reporter:  viralsampat                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  requested                                      |
Changes (by poena):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch needs-testing changes-
     requested

Comment:

 I'm sorry I got confused there for a bit!

 This ticket is for the **quote**, so I figured that yes the changes to the
 quote is intentional.
 **The pullquote is not mentioned in this ticket**, but it has the same
 problem, I see no harm in solving it here.

 I suggest the following changes:
 When a quote block is added, and the cite is enabled in the block toolbar,
 and the text color for the block is changed, then the cite should change
 color in both the editor and front.

 In 59802.diff only the pullquote block has an update to the editor style.
 The quote block editor styles need to be updated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59802#comment:6>