[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60716: Font Library: Replace error message "A font face matching those settings already exists" with notice

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 31 09:51:38 UTC 2024

#60716: Font Library: Replace error message "A font face matching those settings
already exists" with notice
 Reporter:  oglekler                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by UmeshSingla):

 @oglekler @joedolson

 > Is there already a standardized notification format in the block and
 site editor? I don't recall seeing one

 Couldn't find one either.

 For the ticket, we've following options:

 1. Update the error message only: If we want to modify only the error
 message it's a quick change in `WP_REST_Font_Faces_Controller` class and
 can be easily added.

 2. Update the error type to info: This would require a decent amount of
 changes and testing since there is no support for info/warning type of
 notification in the component.

 And if we opt for 2nd option, IMO the ticket needs to be punted to 6.7.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60716#comment:12>