[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61112: Avoid re-constructing `WP_Theme_JSON` object from raw theme_json, instead use `WP_Theme_JSON` object inside `WP_Theme_JSON_data`

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 30 16:40:36 UTC 2024

#61112: Avoid re-constructing `WP_Theme_JSON` object from raw theme_json, instead
use `WP_Theme_JSON` object inside `WP_Theme_JSON_data`
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  thekt12       |       Owner:  thekt12
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by ryelle):

 I was AFK for a couple days, but now that I'm back I was able to take a
 look at the issue — it turns out [https://github.com/WordPress/wporg-
 parent-2021/commit/f7a4581b163d312fb5b2eb8b36971d757798775b there was a
 bug in some of my code], which used the wrong class. Somehow it worked
 fine before, but broke after this commit. I didn't realize in the cascade
 of errors I saw that it was only triggering on select Rosetta sites that
 use this code.

 In any case, I did test with your PR and it does fix the problem — but
 this is maybe more my error than core's, so I'm not sure if it's
 necessary.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61112#comment:19>