[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35833: Adding a table with the "widefat" class on post and taxonomy list table screens causes the quick edit UI and bulk edit to fail

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 29 18:51:30 UTC 2024

#35833: Adding a table with the "widefat" class on post and taxonomy list table
screens causes the quick edit UI and bulk edit to fail
 Reporter:  Braad                    |       Owner:  oglekler
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  patch changes-requested good-      |  administration
  first-bug                          |

Comment (by oglekler):

 Hi @lamarajan, thank you for the patch and, please, forgive me for delay
 in answering. Let's wait what @azaozz is thinking, but I believe that
 fixing layout with JS is not the correct way in general — layout structure
 can change, and it will stop working, no one will be expecting fix in JS.
 As we discussed previously, I was expecting complete removal of `widefat`
 class from JS (there is already a patch as an example) with naming change
 as it was proposed by in #comment:36

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35833#comment:44>