[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56420: In block editor when block is at top of window the block tools / settings dialog is hidden by "Editor top bar"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 27 11:37:51 UTC 2024

#56420: In block editor when block is at top of window the block tools / settings
dialog is hidden by "Editor top bar"
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ritterml                         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  new

Comment (by praveenkum1102):

 Hey,
 I tried to reproduce this issue to attach some screenshots but was unable
 to do so.
 Below, I have attached the steps I used to reproduce the issue and a video
 for reference.

 **Environment:**
 WordPress: 6.5.3 | 6.4
 PHP: 8.1
 Browser: Chrome 125
 OS: macOS

 **Theme**: Twenty Twenty-Four

 **Expected Result due to Bug**: According to the bug report, I should have
 seen the block toolbar or the extra options panel in the block toolbar
 overflow the page when triggered for the topmost block on the page.

 **Actual Result**: Upon testing, I found that this is not the case. The
 block toolbar does not overflow the page while the block is within the
 viewport. The toolbar only goes out of the editor when the block itself is
 out of view, which is expected behaviour.

 **Steps Used for Testing:**
 1. Log In & Navigate: Log in to WordPress and open the post editor.
 2. Add Content: Add enough blocks to make the page scrollable.
 3. Scroll to Top: Scroll so a block is at the top of the editor window.
 4. Select Block: Click the block to display its toolbar and check for
 overflows.
 5. Open Settings: Click the three dots in the toolbar to open the block
 settings dialogue and check for overflows.

 Video:
 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7dmd1wvicbvt75sv674qa/2024-05-27-16-57-00.mp4?rlkey=xi2n8dimj1us67bmfgr5hj13n&st=f5dpjw3g&dl=0

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56420#comment:3>