[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60673: Indicate submenu item level in admin nav menu editor and customizer nav menu editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 21 15:39:29 UTC 2024

#60673: Indicate submenu item level in admin nav menu editor and customizer nav
menu editor
 Reporter:  joedolson                |       Owner:  rcreators
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  needs-testing-info                 |  javascript

Comment (by joedolson):

 In today's accessibility bug scrub, we talked about refining these
 messages further. We're going to move to three different levels of message
 depending on depth, and do what we can to simplify the messages:

 First level:

 `Edit [item name] ([type], [x] of [y]).`

 Second level:

 `Edit [item name] ([type], sub-item [x] of [y] of [parent]).`

 Third level:

 `Edit [item name] ([type], sub-item [x] of [y] of [parent], level
 [depth]).`

 @rcreators will work on updating the patch and merging in the changes
 recommended by @afercia in #60672.

 The text 'menu item' is being removed to simplify the message, and because
 that context should be sufficiently clear when you're in the menu editing
 context.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60673#comment:8>