[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61259: Widgets not working when using Gutenberg editor but load fine on Classic view.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 21 11:20:18 UTC 2024

#61259: Widgets not working when using Gutenberg editor but load fine on Classic
view.
 Reporter:  peterbsimon   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  6.5.3
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Before we dig in:

 - I'm on the latest version of WP,
 - I have disabled all the plugins and am using a WP theme.

 All of a sudden, my widgets have disappeared and I can't seem to save my
 changes. When I enable the Classic Widgets plugin everything is working
 fine. I'm getting a lot of errors in the console too. (See video attached)
 The data seems to be correct on the back-end, but none of the widgets seem
 to be rendering when I'm using the new Gutenberg widget view.

 More in video reproduction below:
 https://share.cleanshot.com/qnPjMY2FpNd32dbZykVb

 I'm expecting to see a paragraph block when using a block-based widget
 editor in the video. Thanks for taking a look!