[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56153: Query loop block with full width and having template of image, title and date has full width issue in editor side in twenty twenty theme.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 6 10:43:59 UTC 2024

#56153: Query loop block with full width and having template of image, title and
date has full width issue in editor side in twenty twenty theme.
 Reporter:  smit08                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by poena):

 * keywords:  has-testing-info has-screenshot has-patch needs-testing =>
     has-testing-info has-screenshot has-patch changes-requested

Comment:

 Hi
 I am able to reproduce parts of this issue.
 I am using Chrome on Windows 11, WordPress 6.5.2 and Twenty Twenty version
 2.6.

 First I made sure I have posts with featured images.
 Then I created a new post and added a query loop, and added the post
 featured image block inside the post template, in addition to the default
 blocks.

 - I set the query loop to full width
 - I set the post template to full width
 - I set the post featured image to full width.

 Result:

 - The post featured image is full width in both the editor and front.
 - The post title is centered in the editor and left aligned on the front:
 even if I set the title to full width.
 - The post date is left aligned but centered on the page, limited by the
 default content width. But completely left aligned, all the way to the
 edge of the browser, on the front.
 - The post excerpt is left aligned but centered on the page, limited by
 the default content width. But completely left aligned, all the way to the
 edge of the browser, on the front.

 ----

 So the CSS changes proposed in patch
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/56153/56153.patch do not
 seem to be needed to make the post featured image full width in the
 editor, **at least not on 6.5.2.**
 Setting {{{max-width: 100%;}}} on the post template block does not solve
 the other issues.
 I did not test on older versions of WordPress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56153#comment:6>