[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46048: Twenty Nineteen: Latest posts block: Post title overlaps other titles on certain screen widths

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 3 06:54:50 UTC 2024

#46048: Twenty Nineteen: Latest posts block: Post title overlaps other titles on
certain screen widths
 Reporter:  arunsathiya                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  closed
Changes (by poena):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch needs-testing => has-screenshots
     has-patch
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => reported-upstream
 * milestone:  6.6 =>

Comment:

 I can reproduce this problem the latest post block in several themes, both
 bundled and other,
 when the post title is extra long and does not have a ''space''.

 It breaks on the front but not in the editors, because there is a generic
 style for the editor
 that hides the problem with the block.

 I created a new issue in the Gutenberg repository:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/61347

 **Aside:** One exception is Twenty Twenty-One, because it adds extra CSS
 for this block:
 {{{
 .wp-block-latest-posts.is-grid {
     word-wrap: break-word;
     word-break: break-word;
 }
 }}}
 At the same time, Twenty Twenty-One does not break the word in the next
 and previous post navigation,
 which Twenty Nineteen does. We somehow choose different solutions for each
 theme, and both themes break but in different places.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46048#comment:10>