[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55603: PHP 8.2: address deprecation of the utf8_encode() and utf8_decode() functions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 28 06:36:52 UTC 2022

#55603: PHP 8.2: address deprecation of the utf8_encode() and utf8_decode()
functions
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jrf                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task (blessed)                  |      Status:  new
                                            |  standards
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
Changes (by chaion07):

 * keywords:  2nd-opinion php82 => 2nd-opinion php82 dev-feedback

Comment:

 Thanks @jrf for reporting this. We reviewed the ticket during a recent
 bug-scrub session. Based on the feedback received we are making the
 following changes:

 01. Adding the ''dev-feedback'' for additional attention
 02. We also recommend this ticket to be discussed during devchat if
 possible.

 Cheers!

 Props to @mukesh27 & @robinwpdeveloper

--