[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56152: REST JSON schema "readonly" prop does not match capitalization of JSON Schema standard (which uses "readOnly")

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 12 04:21:23 UTC 2022

#56152: REST JSON schema "readonly" prop does not match capitalization of JSON
Schema standard (which uses "readOnly")
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  zebulan       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by zebulan):

 I think simply supporting `readOnly` would help a lot in cases where you
 use a 3rd-party PHP library that works with JSON schemas. For example:

 I've been trying to share/standardize types between my PHP and TypeScript
 code in a WP plugin project I've been working on. I figured it would make
 the most sense to define schemas in JSON files imported in both sides of
 the code, using something like https://github.com/bcherny/json-schema-to-
 typescript ...unfortunately, WP doesn't actually use standard JSON schema,
 so to do something like this, you have to pass the schema through a
 converter.

 I was hoping that between this ticket and a future solution to
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51757#comment:5, we could gradually
 push WP in the direction of actually complying with a subset of the JSON
 schema specification.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56152#comment:2>