[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54091: Attachment details pane navigation not working after opening 81st (or greater) item and refreshing the browser

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 11 21:11:32 UTC 2022

#54091: Attachment details pane navigation not working after opening 81st (or
greater) item and refreshing the browser
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ppetrov2c                 |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mdawaffe):

 Replying to [comment:5 joedolson]:
 > There are a couple possible paths I can think of:
 >
 > 1) Implement a URL parameter that tracks the collection, so a refresh
 reloads everything previously loaded and the collection is inclusive. This
 would also be beneficial for introducing pagination.

 > 2) Introduce an update to the previous item navigation so that it goes
 back to the last item in the current collection if the item is not itself
 in the current collection. Probably easier to implement, but I'm not sure
 it creates a particularly useful UI.

 We could also decide that left/right navigation does not makes sense for a
 media item unless that media item is loaded by clicking through to it from
 the list view. That is, if you visit, for example, `http://localhost:8889
 /wp-admin/upload.php?item=6` directly (or if you reload the page when on
 that URL), we could not show the left/right navigation buttons at all.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54091#comment:12>