[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56544: When resetting the password, inputting spaces on the left or right accepts and shows a successful reset password message. But when trying to login into the account without those spaces, it successfully logged me in.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 11 06:33:22 UTC 2022

#56544: When resetting the password, inputting spaces on the left or right accepts
and shows a successful reset password message. But when trying to login
into the account without those spaces, it successfully logged me in.
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  islammdshariful            |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)               |     Status:  new
Component:  Login and Registration     |    Version:  6.0.2
 Severity:  normal                     |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  privacy, coding-standards  |
 Suppose a user trying to reset his/her password. He/She ends the password
 with a blank spaces (which is still a character & ASCII code: 32).
 Now when resetting the password it shows successful reset password
 message.

 When trying to login into the account without that end space, it
 successfully logged in. Which seems like a bug where blank spaces are not
 taking into account.