[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55012: TinyMCE editor not rendering correctly in visual mode using wp_editor function in a meta box on a page with the Block editor enabled in WP 5.9

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 7 10:33:00 UTC 2022

#55012: TinyMCE editor not rendering correctly in visual mode using wp_editor
function in a meta box on a page with the Block editor enabled in WP 5.9
 Reporter:  rickcurran    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by rickcurran):

 Hi @sanderteirlynck, my main browser is Safari on Mac OS, however, I've
 just checked the site where I was experiencing this issue and I can
 confirm that it still occurs in WP6.02 using Safari 15.6.1 on MacOS 12.5.
 I also experience the issue in Chrome 105 and also in Firefox 104.

 Thanks,

 Rick

 Replying to [comment:4 sanderteirlynck]:
 > We are also running into this issue using WordPress 6.0.2 and the
 wp_editor function inside classic metaboxes on post-types using the Block
 Editor.

 > When the page loads with the Visual mode active, I'm unable to use the
 Visual mode. When the issue occurs, the iFrame inside the editor has an
 empty header and body. As @rickcurran describes, switching to Text mode,
 reloading the page and switching back to Visual mode works consistently,
 as does Text mode. In my case, opening the developer tools to log the
 network traffic prevents the issue from occurring, for some reason.

 > It looks like the issue only occurs on Firefox. Not sure which browser
 @rickcurran uses, but I cannot reproduce the behavior on Chrome. I've been
 looking at the network traffic to see if the order in which scripts are
 loaded are to blame, but that doesn't seem to be the case (I've had
 sporadic times where opening the developer tools did not prevent the issue
 from occurring, letting me compare the network traffic).

 > I'm hoping @rickcurran can shed some light on which browser he uses, in
 hopes of pinpointing the cause of this issue and getting it fixed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55012#comment:5>