[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56500: WordPress sends email from a fixed address which will not work in my environment

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 2 14:50:52 UTC 2022

#56500: WordPress sends email from a fixed address which will not work in my
environment
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  brivets          |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Mail             |    Version:  6.0.2
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
 In wp-includes/pluggable.php there is code that builds a From line for
 sending error messages. I am working in a constrained environment and
 there is only one From line from which I am allowed to send email.
 Currently I have to edit pluggable.com every time there is a new release -
 it would be good if there were some way of configuring a fixed address
 that could be used. I appreciate that an option would not work if there
 were database issues, though that would be good where there weren't, or a
 define in config.