[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56827: Alignment issue with Generate Password and Save Password buttons on Reset Password page (was: Alignment issue with Generate Password and Save Password buttons due to l10n on Reset Password page)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 28 23:08:45 UTC 2022

#56827: Alignment issue with Generate Password and Save Password buttons on Reset
Password page
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  nlpro                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  has-testing-info has-screenshots needs-testing => has-testing-
     info has-screenshots
 * focuses:  ui => ui, ui-copy
 * component:  I18N => Login and Registration

Old description:

> Prerequisites:
>
> - The initial language used is “English (United States)”.
> - Make sure to have other language(s) pre installed (like Nederlands
> (=Dutch)).
>
> To reproduce the issue follow the steps below (**first scenario**):
>
> 1. Navigate to the site admin login page (wp-login.php or wp-admin).
>
> 2. Click on the “Lost your password?” link.
>
> 3. Enter an existing username or it’s associated email address and click
> on the “Get New Password” button.
>
> 4. Now log into the email account of that user, open the “Password Reset”
> email received and click on the confirmation link.
>
> 5. Notice the “Generate Password” and “Save Password” buttons which are
> correctly aligned horizontally.
>
> 6. Select a different language, like “Nederlands” at the bottom of the
> page and click on the Change button.
>
> 7. Notice the 2 earlier mentioned buttons are now stacked or aligned
> vertically. Yuk, makes me want to puke!
>
> (This ticket is not finished yet. Wait for the **2nd scenario**…)

New description:

[...]

 **Second scenario:**
 Simply making use of the browser zoom in/out functionality will very
 quickly result in the same vertically aligned buttons. This reproduces
 even in language “English (United States)”.

 For the English scenario, I needed to change the font from Segoe UI to
 Roboto, but then the buttons stacked at 175% zoom.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56827#comment:6>