[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56827: Alignment issue with Generate Password and Save Password buttons due to l10n on Reset Password page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 14 19:18:01 UTC 2022

#56827: Alignment issue with Generate Password and Save Password buttons due to
l10n on Reset Password page
 Reporter:  nlpro         |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by nlpro):

 IMHO the simplest solution is to change the long “Generate Password” label
 into a shorter “Generate”. We know we are on the “Reset Password” page, so
 why repeat the “Password” word ? The same applies for the “Save Password”
 button. Just using a “Generate” and “Save” button will probably go a long
 way in solving this issue.

 One complication. I noticed the “Generate Password” string is also used in
 the “Add New User” page. For the same reason we can also use the shorter
 “Generate” label there. This way the number of WordPress translatable
 strings remains unchanged.

 Interested in any other thoughts;-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56827#comment:2>