[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56815: Massive (potential) performance issues within get_default_block_editor_settings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 14 14:18:13 UTC 2022

#56815: Massive (potential) performance issues within
get_default_block_editor_settings
 Reporter:  janthiel                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by janthiel):

 @audrasjb This issue is around since the code was added as you discussed
 in the bug scrub on slack. So no, this was not introduced with 6.1. It is
 also around with 6.0.x. That's where we found it initially as we profiled
 WP 6.0.2.
 The block-editor.php code was refactored in 6.1 so the call stack is
 different there than in 6.0. But this doesn't change anything about the
 issue. It's still present on trunk.

 We haven't had any issues with WP 5.x. though.

 But the trigger of the issue with us might be as well a combination of our
 theme (Enfold) adding block support or something like that triggering that
 code path just recently. Or a massive increase in media files making the
 dirsize calculation an issue performance-wise and we didn't really notice
 before.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56815#comment:6>