[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56767: Navigation Block stops being clickable, if custom Gutenberg Block is present

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 12 18:48:58 UTC 2022

#56767: Navigation Block stops being clickable, if custom Gutenberg Block is
present
 Reporter:  samreciter    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by samreciter):

 Replying to [comment:2 desrosj]:
 > @samreciter was closing this intentional? Reopening to confirm. If
 you've solved the issue, please share a brief description in case others
 find this ticket in the future.

 Thanks for the reply.
 I closed the issue intentionally, as i solved the issue and haven't had
 the time to investigate further.

 My new theme is using the new full site editor and theme.json
 The problem occured with the new theme and older custom Gutenberg blocks.
 The problem was solved with changing the custom blocks to the new block
 registration via block.json

 I would assume the problem was created by an improper inclusion of the
 stylesheets of the older custom blocks into the theme and basic gutenberg
 stylesheets - resulting in a broken CSS.

 Thus CSS rules were executed that shouldn't be active - in this specific
 case it was the rule:
 {{{
 @media (min-width: 600px)
 .wp-block-navigation__responsive-close {
   pointer-events: none;
 }
 }}}
 that somehow now was applied to the links in the navigation block and
 blocking their function.

 After updating the old Gutenberg blocks to the new block registraition via
 block.json everything worked again without any problems.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56767#comment:4>