[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53159: Media aren't attached if uploaded from libray and are attached if uploaded from post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 5 15:35:02 UTC 2022

#53159: Media aren't attached if uploaded from libray and are attached if uploaded
from post
-------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  ellimstom                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  closed
Changes (by antpb):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi ellimstom! Thanks for making this issue. After review in the Media
 component meeting we found that this is the intended behavior of the Media
 Library. Being that this data is very much pointed as a 1 to 1
 relationship, it would be undesired to overwrite that data every time the
 same image is used as feature. Also, folks may be using this attached
 property in specific ways being that it is a more underutilized function
 and changing the behavior to update that attached property based on
 featured image will likely be unpredictable.

 I'm going to close this ticket as this suggestion has been closed prior
 for similar reasons.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53159#comment:4>