[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56706: Tests: `parent::set_up()` calls `wp_list_pluck()`, causing inaccurate coverage.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 4 16:19:15 UTC 2022

#56706: Tests: `parent::set_up()` calls `wp_list_pluck()`, causing inaccurate
coverage.
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  costdev                           |       Owner:  costdev
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:4 jrf]:
 > For what's it's worth - the same problem as outlined in this ticket
 applies to any and all tests involving WP native functions used in the
 `set_up()` methods (and possibly the `tear_down()`, though I'd need to
 check to be sure).

 Thanks! At a glance, some other native WP functions used in
 `WP_UnitTestCase_Base::set_up()` appear to be:
 * `add_filter()`
 * `add_action()`
 * `wp_upload_dir()`
 * `WP_Rewrite::init()`
 * `WP_Rewrite::set_permalink_structure()`
 * `WP_Rewrite::flush_rules()`

 > So swopping out one WP native function for another is not a solution, it
 just "moves" the problem to another part of the test suite.

 I might be missing something, but [attachment:"56706.2.diff"] does not
 replace `wp_filter_object_list()` with any other native WP function, it
 just uses the globals directly. It was an attempt to implement this
 suggestion from the ticket description:
 > The real solution involves ensuring that the code under test is not
 called in `WP_UnitTestCase_Base::set_up()`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56706#comment:5>