[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57175: Twenty Twenty-Three: In "Blog (alternative)" template, make post titles links

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 22 12:10:26 UTC 2022

#57175: Twenty Twenty-Three: In "Blog (alternative)" template, make post titles
links
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Bernhard Reiter  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Description changed by Bernhard Reiter:

Old description:

> The Twenty Twenty-Three theme has a custom page template called "Blog
> (alternative)", which displays blog posts "in a list format with the date
> on the left and the post title on the right" (as per
> [docs]https://wordpress.org/support/article/twenty-twenty-
> three/#templates).
>
> Currently, those post title blocks are not set to be links -- as a
> consequence, a visitor to a page using that template cannot click on any
> on them -- which is likely contrary to expectations.
>
> The manual fix is to enable the Post Title block's "Make title a link"
> toggle -- but I'm wondering if this shouldn't be the default setting?
>
> - Screencast showing the issue: https://cloud.toyrockets.com/RgdPCG
> - Screencast showing the manual fix: https://cloudup.com/cihZlg_BCJP
>
> Originally reported [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/blog-alternate-
> template-doesnt-link-to-posts/ here].

New description:

 The Twenty Twenty-Three theme has a custom page template called "Blog
 (alternative)", which displays blog posts "in a list format with the date
 on the left and the post title on the right" (as per
 [https://wordpress.org/support/article/twenty-twenty-three/#templates
 docs].

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57175#comment:1>