[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57154: Changing Size Preset from Button Typography is not affecting on Twenty Twenty-Three theme's front page "Get in Touch" button

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 21 12:13:20 UTC 2022

#57154: Changing Size Preset from Button Typography is not affecting on Twenty
Twenty-Three theme's front page "Get in Touch" button
 Reporter:  abidhasan112  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by poena):

 Hi Abid!
 Thank you for the report and the video.

 Like you mentioned and illustrated in the video, the settings in the
 Styles sidebar in the Site Editor are defaults: If you add a new button,
 the updated font size will be used correctly.

 If a button already has a font size set in the block settings sidebar or
 in a template or pattern, then that size is used instead of the default.

 In Twenty Twenty-Three, the designer has chosen to use the small font
 size.
 The font size is part of the markup:
 {{{
 }}}

 To change the size, the individual block can be selected and the size
 changed in the block settings.
 -This works the same for all block themes, and it is not limited to the
 font size setting.
 Therefor, this is not a bug.

 It would be great if we could come up with a better way to communicate
 this to users so that editing is less confusing.

 ----

 If we want to remove the small font size from the button in Twenty Twenty-
 Three, then we need to remove the font size in this block pattern:
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 content/themes/twentytwentythree/patterns/call-to-action.php#L21  call-to-
 action.php line 21 and 22]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57154#comment:1>