[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57113: Submenu's text are not visible in Home page Navigation in Twenty Twenty Two Theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 18 05:13:27 UTC 2022

#57113: Submenu's text are not visible in Home page Navigation  in Twenty Twenty
Two Theme
 Reporter:  shailu25                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  testing close                                  |
Changes (by poena):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch needs-testing => has-screenshots
     has-patch needs-testing close

Comment:

 Hi!

 @shailu25 Thank you for the report. Can you please confirm:

 - In Which version of WordPress and in which version of the theme did you
 find the bug?
 - What type of submenu is used?
 I am asking because there are two types: One submenu for regular link
 items, and one for the pagelist block (the pages need to have child pages
 to show as a submenu).

 This is a duplicate of https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55697, but
 this ticket was closed because the problem was believed to be fixed in
 WordPress in 6.1:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/44578

 ----

 I have tested the issue with WordPress 6.1.1 and theme version 1.3, using
 Chrome (Without Gutenberg active).

 I am seeing two different results depending on the block type:
 Link item submenu:
 -In the editor, the submenu text is white on white background
 -On the front, the submenu text is black on white background.
 Pagelist submenu:
 -In the editor, the submenu text is white on white background
 -On the front, the submenu text is white on white background.

 Because the problem is with the CSS that is provided by WordPress and not
 the theme,
 the underlying issue needs to be fixed in Gutenberg and not by adding CSS
 to the theme.

 This means that the next step is to close this issue, and either create a
 new issue in the Gutenberg GitHub repository, or reopen the old issue:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/40908

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57113#comment:5>