[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57054: The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected. Error: A valid URL was not provided. (http_request_failed)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 10 02:58:38 UTC 2022

#57054: The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on
them are not currently working as expected. Error: A valid URL was not
provided. (http_request_failed)
 Reporter:  rickymaloy    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  REST API      |    Version:  6.0.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  rest-api      |
 I had an existing blog wordpress website and the system admin supported
 blog as well as the developers has been out of the company already and I
 just got hired recently.

 While checking the blog website due to complained with the new developers,
 the tool 'site health' scanning there's 2 critical issues like the
 following below as stated in the summary .
 The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on
 them are not currently working as expected.
 Error: A valid URL was not provided. (http_request_failed)

 The REST API request failed due to an error.
 Error: A valid URL was not provided. (http_request_failed)

 I believe those 2 critical errors are related to each other. Just wanted
 to know what needs to be check and workaround on this or perhaps a
 permanent resolution.

 I do have tried a lot of possible resolution but no avail.