[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56425: wp_localize_script assign to const and freeze instead of var to avoid reassignments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 8 07:36:06 UTC 2022

#56425: wp_localize_script assign to const and freeze instead of var to avoid
reassignments
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  malthert               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new

Comment (by kkmuffme):

 >myPluginVar.KEY = myPluginVar.KEY || 'My Default Value'

 Which defeats the purpose of localizing in the first place, so this is a
 bad practice.

 >wp.i18n

 Definitely!
 Still we shouldn't neglect what is there in tons of sites and strive on
 keeping this as secure as possible, as legacy code often is the first
 point of attack.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56425#comment:6>