[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56930: Block themes: improve omitting lazy-loading attribute on first content image/iframe

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 21:42:55 UTC 2022

#56930: Block themes: improve omitting lazy-loading attribute on first content
image/iframe
 Reporter:  adamsilverstein           |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by adamsilverstein):

 * milestone:  6.2 => Awaiting Review

Comment:

 In my local testing I can verify that:
 * the fix from https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/44995 corrects
 the lazy loading issue noted here.
 * the fix from https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/3549
 also fixes the issue

 I'm not familiar enough with the history of this code so I'm not sure
 which approach would be better. Removing the filters and replacing them
 does seem pretty foolproof, although adding tests on the PR would be more
 convincing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56930#comment:15>