[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55996: the get_the_block_template_html call all the same functions as the the_conent filter so they are run twice

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 12:05:26 UTC 2022

#55996: the get_the_block_template_html call all the same functions as the
the_conent filter so they are run twice
----------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  pbearne                     |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by needle):

 Replying to [comment:12 flixos90]:
 > I have opened a pull request to address this problem:
 https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/3549

 I think this approach is preferable to removing callbacks to `the_content`
 since it solves both the "double execution problem" and the "avoid all
 execution problem" I detailed above. Thanks @flixos90 this looks
 promising.

 I do, however, agree with @manfcarlo that the placeholder string approach
 may have weaknesses in certain circumstances, though I'm not sure what
 mitigations can be applied given the string format of the raw data. Tough
 call.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55996#comment:16>