[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53952: Reusable blocks - removing from a page treated as an edit of the re-usable block

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 10 22:50:43 UTC 2022

#53952: Reusable blocks - removing from a page treated as an edit of the re-usable
block
 Reporter:  jonnie45      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by maxparsimony):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme

Comment:

 **SOLUTION:**
 ==   I had the same problem, it drove me crazy, and I finally found the
 solution. It seems this is not really a bug, it's just a little cryptic.

 First, you have to open relevant WordPress page in 'list view' (near top
 left of screen, select the menu item that looks like a 3-line outline
 icon).

 This should open a list of page elements on left of screen.

 In the list at left of screen, find and select the row (the outline level)
 that corresponds to the ENTIRE reusable block, not the elements within it
 (it should be pretty clearly labeled).

 With that line selected at left, on your content page (at right) you
 should now see an outline box drawn around the ENTIRE reusable block. Just
 move your cursor over that outlined block (don't click anything, it's
 already highlighted). And press your 'delete' key. Also works to click
 Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X etc.

 The result is that you still have your reusable block intact, but it is no
 longer SHOWN on this individual page.

 Sorry to shill, but I invite you to check out my project to fund a crucial
 bioinformatics project with NFT 'art sale.' Really cool art and science
 coming together with two scoops of gratitude: https://cryptosteam.org/

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53952#comment:2>