[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52094: Queries with perm readable/editable will not work for multiple post types and status queries

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 14 19:59:58 UTC 2022

#52094: Queries with perm readable/editable will not work for multiple post types
and status queries
 Reporter:  leogermani                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by leogermani):

 I've created a brand new patch for this ticket:
 https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/2810

 cc @peterwilsoncc

 What this patch does is it joins the situations where `post_status` query
 is used with the multiple post type logic fixed in #48556.

 So now it's possible to query for multiple post types and multiple
 post_status at the same time and it will work as expected.

 # Bug or feature

 There's one thing that I'm not fixing here because I'm not sure it's a bug
 or feature.

 If you query for `post_status=any`, the `perm=readable` param is ignored.
 Meaning that if you query for any post status, all post statuses will be
 returned regardless of the permission the current user has. Protected
 statuses will be removed, but private statuses will be included. This is
 how it behaves now and I didn't change it.

 Should we change it? Or should we just update the docs to make it more
 explicit?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52094#comment:7>